OVERVIEW – BEYOND CHL I - GOT THE PLASTIC - NOW WHAT?
This two hour interactive seminar is designed to provide real world practical guidance on managing the most common questions and issues that Concealed Handgun License holders will encounter when they join the ranks of Texans who carry concealed firearms in defense of themselves and their families.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This seminar is configured around the needs of citizens who have recently applied for or received their CHL license, and those who have had their license for a while but are still uncomfortable with some aspects of carrying a gun and managing all the implications of it.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Where do firearms fit in a personal protection plan?
- How do I know when I need to carry?
- Smooth – and not so smooth - moves
- Managing guns around the family - and the family around guns
- What do I tell my friends?
- So many guns – so little money – how do I decide?
- Stopping power – the good, the bad, and the ugly
- Action types
- Little guns and big guns - what really matters?
- Reliability and concealability
- Sight configurations for self defense
- Sights for old eyes
- Night sights for dark days
THE CHL CARRIER'S WARDROBE
- Dress around the gun or gun around the dress?
- Clothes that hide - and those that don't
- Color and pattern considerations
- Options for different body builds
- Inexpensive sources
- Special considerations for the ladies
- On body vs. off body carry
- "Printing" and "shoot me first" clothes - Can everybody tell I'm carrying?
- Types and suitability
- Penetration and expansion
- Ricochet and overpenetration considerations
- To plus P or not to plus P
- Practice ammo and self defense ammo
- Foreign ammo - how cheap is too cheap?
- Inside the waistband
- Outside the waistband
- Ankle holsters
- Pocket holsters
- Shoulder holsters
- Small of the back
- Off body carry
- Purse holsters
- Crotch holsters
- Materials and features to look for or avoid
- Magazines and carriers
- Speed loaders
- Tactical lights - and when to carry them
- Rest room tactics
- Police vehicle stops
- Other police contacts
- Accidental gun exposure
- "Huggie" people
- Questions: Are you carrying a gun?
Got it – am I ready now?
A realistic look at where you are and where to go from here.
SCHEDULING OR HOSTING A SEMINAR
To get started, complete the Contact Us form with your information. We'll work with you to put the arrangements together.
If your organization would like to host a seminar open to others, free seats will be made available for some of your people. Arrangements for in home presentations to accommodate small groups are available in the Dallas / Fort Worth area. Please contact us for details.